Sausage Party is a 2016 American-Canadian adult computer-animated black comedy adventure film directed by Greg Tiernan and Conrad Vernon, and released by Columbia Pictures.
- Seth Rogen as Frank
- Kristen Wiig as Brenda
- Nick Kroll as Dooch
As the first R-rated computer animated motion picture, Sausage Party was rated R for "strong crude innuendos, pervasive language, and drug use".
The movie received fairly indifferent reviews from critics, and is shown to be a huge disaster to audiences.
Why It (Absolutely) Sucks
- The concept of the movie was fine but executed stupidly.
- A very horrible and dull plot line.
- Very sick jokes for even R-rated standards, like the sausages doing shapes like... um, UGH! I'm not gonna say it. Anyway, also the buns being shaped like rear ends, and it's constantly heard from all over and over again to the point where it's not funny anymore, and becomes more and more annoying.
- Annoying, horrible, and unlikable characters.
- Frank, the so-called "protagonist", is extremely weak for one.
- Brenda is an extremely weak deuteragonist. For example, she is rude and a Christian stereotype, which is not a good thing. Also, instead of returning the favor of feelings for Frank, she lashed out at him for his new beliefs and refused to help him find more research about the Great Beyond. How selfish can a hot dog bun like Brenda get?!
- D**che is a terrible antagonist who cusses too much.
- The movie suffers from mediocre and straightforward set-ups for concepts and scenes. For example, the title Sausage Party tries to tell the viewer that it's an animated film for grownups, causing the movie to be filled with pointless language and adult humor, and the title failed to do so.
- Terrible voice acting, which wasted the talents of Seth Rogen, Kristen Wiig, Michael Cera, James Franco, Jonah Hill, Nick Kroll, Seth MacFarlane, Paul Rudd, and even Bill Hader.
- The idea of talking foods has already been done before.
- It also wasted the directing talents of Conrad Vernon, who was a lot better off in Shrek 2, Monsters vs. Aliens (ALSO starring Rogen and Rudd, but that movie is WAY better), and Madagascar 3: Europe’s Most Wanted.
- The world building is so confusing and makes no sense at all.
- When a trailer of it was shown in front of Finding Dory, it made audiences so angry that they had to remove it.
- The character designs, considering the movie is all about food, are downright awful, and look like ripoffs of characters from that "Let's All Go to the Lobby" commercial.
- On top of that, the hot dog buns' designs are extremely SO ridiculous!
- Dumb storyline.
- Making a CGI movie with such language and other inappropriate things is so stupid (as mentioned on WIS #1). You're NOT supposed to do any of that stuff in a computer animated movie!
- Terrible writing, even for an adult movie.
- The food puns are obnoxious.
- Too many unfunny pop culture jokes.
- There is a horrifying scene where all the foods get eaten by the humans, including small carrots! YIKES!
- Nasty sex references.
- The infamous orgy ending, which involves the foods in a very infamously disgusting orgy.
- The human designs are kind of generic.
- Misleading Title: Despite being called Sausage Party, the movie focuses on the grocery store rather than the party.
- The film's trailers and commercials did warn us about the movie not being kid-friendly at all. Good point.
- At least Sony apologized for the trailer in front of Finding Dory.
- Though the character designs are terrible, they are mostly a warning that you should not forget about what you are truly thinking about.
- The concept could have been better executed.
- The animation, while not great, is somewhat okay, but not as good as Pixar movies.