VeggieTales in the House is a children's computer-animated "comedy" series
Why I Hate It
- It was a VERY inferior grasp to the source material.
- Awful voice acting (for the most part).
- While the animation was tolerable, it was ruined by bad character redesigns.
- And SPEAKING of the redesigns, they have aged poorly.
- The characters' personalities are changed drastically, mostly for "comedy".
- Bob & Larry are roommates with a cliched and predictable turn, and Gonzo and Rizzo being roommates in Muppets from Space already did that ten times way better.
- Junior and Laura have turned into childish little rascals.
- It feels more like a preschool show than a show that was supposed to have talking foods teach kids about God, which only makes this show even worse.
- Terrible writing that doesn’t work, and doesn’t even stay ANYWHERE true to the writing of the original show.
- Forgettable stories.
- Mr. Nezzer got replaced by Ichabeezer, who is a rip-off of Carl Fredricksen from Up and Squidward from SpongeBob, personality-wise.
- Some characters from the original show never returned for this awful show, not even Scooter or Mr. Nezzer.
- Although Phil Vischer and Mike Nawrocki returned to reprise their roles as Bob and Larry for this show, their talents were wasted because they were both involved with the team of the show ruining the series. Phil and Mike, how could you two?!
- The title sounds lame, as they try to make the phrase "in the house" sound cool, but it completely ends with disaster.
- Speaking of the comedy, as mentioned on WIHI #5, the humor is not what made the original show funny!
- It was so bad it nearly killed the VeggieTales franchise, for crying out loud!
- Mr. Lunt's design is very confusing, as it is hard to tell whether his design is flanderized or not.
- The new characters are bland, pointless, and unfunny.
- The animation, despite the bad redesigns, was pretty good and was okay, even if it wasn’t really as great as the animation in the original show.
- At least Phil Vischer and Mike Nawrocki reprised their roles as Bob and Larry.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.